Volume 3, Issue 3, September 2010, Pages 357 - 369
Automated Evaluation of Learners with ODALA: Application to Relational Databases E-learning
- Farida Bouarab-Dahmani, Malik Si-Mohammed, Catherine Comparot, Pierre-Jean Charrel
- Corresponding Author
- Farida Bouarab-Dahmani
Available Online 29 June 2010.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2010.3.3.11How to use a DOI?
- Self-learning, Error diagnosis, Learner's evaluation, Learner's marking, Learner's model, E-learning.
- This paper deals with an approach for an automated evaluation of the learners' state of knowledge when learning by doing. This approach is called ODALA for "Ontology-Driven Auto-evaluation for e-Learning Approach". It takes place in the context of Computer Based Human Learning Environment (CBHLE) in a self-learning by doing mode. ODALA is based on the teaching domain ontology and on errors classification and detection. The evaluation process is composed of four stages: (1) form analysis of learner's solutions, (2) semantic analysis, (3) marking, and (4) updating of the learner's model. We bring the approach into play in the context of relational databases teaching: we present the results of the relational databases self-learning system (RDB-E-LEARN) development, where the main stages of our evaluation approach are implemented.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Farida Bouarab-Dahmani AU - Malik Si-Mohammed AU - Catherine Comparot AU - Pierre-Jean Charrel PY - 2010 DA - 2010/06 TI - Automated Evaluation of Learners with ODALA: Application to Relational Databases E-learning JO - International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems SP - 357 EP - 369 VL - 3 IS - 3 SN - 1875-6883 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2010.3.3.11 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2010.3.3.11 ID - Bouarab-Dahmani2010 ER -