Volume 4, Issue 5, October 2011, Pages 1012 - 1021
WebScore: An Effective Page Scoring Approach for Uncertain Web Social Networks
- Shaojie Qiao, Tianrui Li, Michael Chau, Jing Peng, Yan Zhu, Hong Li
- Corresponding Author
- Shaojie Qiao
Available Online 6 December 2011.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2011.4.5.24How to use a DOI?
- uncertainty, web social network, PageRank, centrality measures
- To effectively score pages with uncertainty in web social networks, we first proposed a new concept called transition probability matrix and formally defined the uncertainty in web social networks. Second, we proposed a hybrid page scoring algorithm, called WebScore, based on the PageRank algorithm and three centrality measures including degree, betweenness, and closeness. Particularly,WebScore takes into a full consideration of the uncertainty of web social networks by computing the transition probability from one page to another. The basic idea ofWebScore is to: (1) integrate uncertainty into PageRank in order to accurately rank pages, and (2) apply the centrality measures to calculate the importance of pages in web social networks. In order to verify the performance of WebScore, we developed a web social network analysis system which can partition web pages into distinct groups and score them in an effective fashion. Finally, we conducted extensive experiments on real data and the results show that WebScore is effective at scoring uncertain pages with less time deficiency than PageRank and centrality measures based page scoring algorithms.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Shaojie Qiao AU - Tianrui Li AU - Michael Chau AU - Jing Peng AU - Yan Zhu AU - Hong Li PY - 2011 DA - 2011/12 TI - WebScore: An Effective Page Scoring Approach for Uncertain Web Social Networks JO - International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems SP - 1012 EP - 1021 VL - 4 IS - 5 SN - 1875-6883 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2011.4.5.24 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2011.4.5.24 ID - Qiao2011 ER -