Volume 6, Issue 3, May 2013, Pages 585 - 594
Tap-Changing Operations of Multiple Transformers using ANN Based Controller
- Md Fakhrul Islam, Amanullah Maung Than Oo
- Corresponding Author
- Md Fakhrul Islam
Available Online 9 January 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.1080/18756891.2013.792543How to use a DOI?
- ANN, Tap-changer, Ensemble, Transformers
- Tap changing operations of multiple transformers at a substation is a complex problem due to issues in controlling the parallel operations of the transformers involved, differences in manufacturer's design and inaccuracy of the measures. In earlier work Artificial Neural Network (ANN) based tap changer controller has been developed to overcome these difficulties and improved results have been shown for systems based on two parallel transformers. This paper aims to improve the previously proposed ANN controller configuration to suit for multiple transformers. This new configuration of ANN controller uses ensemble technique and illustrates the operational efficiency. In particular, it has been shown that the ANN controller designed for two parallel transformers in this new technique will operate for multiple transformers. This means that if additional transformers (more than two) are installed in a substation to cope up with increased load, the ANN controller needs not to be redesigned/replaced.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Md Fakhrul Islam AU - Amanullah Maung Than Oo PY - 2017 DA - 2017/01 TI - Tap-Changing Operations of Multiple Transformers using ANN Based Controller JO - International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems SP - 585 EP - 594 VL - 6 IS - 3 SN - 1875-6883 UR - https://doi.org/10.1080/18756891.2013.792543 DO - https://doi.org/10.1080/18756891.2013.792543 ID - Islam2017 ER -