Volume 7, Issue 3, June 2014, Pages 432 - 455
Local Semantic Indexing for Resource Discovery on Overlay Network Using Mobile Agents
- M. Singh, X. Cheng, R. Belavkin
- Corresponding Author
- M. Singh
Available Online 9 January 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.1080/18756891.2013.856257How to use a DOI?
- Resource Discovery, Overlay Network, Reconnaissance Agent, Latent Semantic Indexing, Cosine Similarity
- One of the most crucial problems in a peer-to-peer system is locating of resources that are shared by various nodes. Various techniques suggested in literature suffer from drawbacks viz. saturation of network, inability to locate multi-keyword based resource or locate resource based on semantics. We present the solution that is more efficient and effective for discovering shared resources on a network that is influenced by content shared by nodes. To reduce the search load on nodes that have uncorrelated content, an efficient migration route is proposed for mobile agent that is based on cosine similarity of content shared by nodes and user query and minimum support. Results show reduction in search load and traffic due to communication, and increase in locating of resources defined by multiple keys using mobile agent that are logically similar to user query. Furthermore, the results indicate that by use of our technique the relevance of search results is higher; that is obtained by minimal traffic generation/communication and hops made by mobile agent.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - M. Singh AU - X. Cheng AU - R. Belavkin PY - 2017 DA - 2017/01 TI - Local Semantic Indexing for Resource Discovery on Overlay Network Using Mobile Agents JO - International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems SP - 432 EP - 455 VL - 7 IS - 3 SN - 1875-6883 UR - https://doi.org/10.1080/18756891.2013.856257 DO - https://doi.org/10.1080/18756891.2013.856257 ID - Singh2017 ER -