Volume 7, Issue 3, June 2014, Pages 472 - 480
A multi-class IC package type classifier based on kernel-based nonlinear LS-SVM method
- Yung-Hsiang Hung, Mei-Ling Huang
- Corresponding Author
- Yung-Hsiang Hung
Available Online 9 January 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.1080/18756891.2014.892265How to use a DOI?
- IC Packaging Type, Feature selection, Least Squares Support Vector Machine, Kernel-Based, Classification Accuracy
- Least Squares Support Vector Machine (LS-SVM) is powerful to solve problems such as multi-class nonlinear classification. In this study, a LS-SVM with kernel-based was applied to multi-class IC packaging type dataset classification problem. In the first stage, the greedy search algorithm in feature selection that reduced 15 features to 9 features was used to improve the LS-SVM. Then, the hyperparameters of LS-SVM were tuned by using 10-fold cross-validation procedure and a grid search mechanism. This study compared the classification performance of two classifiers, namely the LS-SVM with RBF kernel, LS-SVM with polynomial kernel and NN method, in 63 classes of IC packaging type dataset in the full model and feature redundant model. The results showed that, for the classification problem of multi-class IC packaging type dataset, in the full model and reduced model, the classification performance of LS-SVM with RBF kernel is better than that of LS-SVM with polynomial kernel and NN classifier. The accuracy rates of the two classifiers in the full model were 81.12%, 72.38% and 81.68%, respectively, and 85.29%, 78.43% and 83.65% in the reduced model. In sum, regarding the multi-class IC packaging type classification problem, the classifier using the LS-SVM with RBF of the greedy feature reduced model has the highest classification performance in reducing the dataset complexity, with an accuracy rate at 85.29%.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Yung-Hsiang Hung AU - Mei-Ling Huang PY - 2017 DA - 2017/01 TI - A multi-class IC package type classifier based on kernel-based nonlinear LS-SVM method JO - International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems SP - 472 EP - 480 VL - 7 IS - 3 SN - 1875-6883 UR - https://doi.org/10.1080/18756891.2014.892265 DO - https://doi.org/10.1080/18756891.2014.892265 ID - Hung2017 ER -