Volume 7, Issue sup1, January 2014, Pages 121 - 136
Applicability of artificial bee colony algorithm for nurse scheduling problems
- Kadir Buyukozkan, Ahmet Sarucan
- Corresponding Author
- Kadir Buyukozkan
Available Online 9 January 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.1080/18756891.2014.853957How to use a DOI?
- Artificial bee colony algorithm, nurse listing, nurse scheduling, task assignment
- This paper describes the first Artificial Bee Colony (ABC) Algorithm approach applied to nurse scheduling evaluated under different working environments. For this purpose, the model has been applied on a real hospital where data taken from different departments of the hospital were used and the schedules from the model were compared with the existing schedules. The results obtained indicated that the proposed model exhibits success in solving the nurse scheduling problems in hospitals.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Kadir Buyukozkan AU - Ahmet Sarucan PY - 2017 DA - 2017/01 TI - Applicability of artificial bee colony algorithm for nurse scheduling problems JO - International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems SP - 121 EP - 136 VL - 7 IS - sup1 SN - 1875-6883 UR - https://doi.org/10.1080/18756891.2014.853957 DO - https://doi.org/10.1080/18756891.2014.853957 ID - Buyukozkan2017 ER -