Volume 8, Issue 3, June 2015, Pages 553 - 560
The Active Power and Reactive Power Dispatch Plan of DFIG Based Wind Farm Considering Wind Power Curtailment
- Zengping Wang, Lefeng Zhang, Guohuang Li
- Corresponding Author
- Zengping Wang
Available Online 1 June 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.1080/18756891.2015.1036222How to use a DOI?
- wind power curtailment, DFIG, active power allocation, reactive power allocation
- In normal operation, doubly-fed induction generator (DFIG) can generate certain range of reactive power and the DFIG based wind farm can participate in reactive power control of grid as a reactive power supply. This paper proposes one multi-objective power dispatch optimization model which considers copper loss minimization of all DFIGs in wind farm and maximization reactive power margin of every DFIG. The active power and reactive power generated by wind farm can meet the power gird requirements of both active power and reactive power. This wind farm power dispatch model will cause more economic benefit and bring more reactive power margin to every DFIG. The advantages and validity of the proposed method have been verified in the case study.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Zengping Wang AU - Lefeng Zhang AU - Guohuang Li PY - 2015 DA - 2015/06 TI - The Active Power and Reactive Power Dispatch Plan of DFIG Based Wind Farm Considering Wind Power Curtailment JO - International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems SP - 553 EP - 560 VL - 8 IS - 3 SN - 1875-6883 UR - https://doi.org/10.1080/18756891.2015.1036222 DO - https://doi.org/10.1080/18756891.2015.1036222 ID - Wang2015 ER -