A Comprehensive Literature Review of 50 Years of Fuzzy Set Theory
- Cengiz Kahraman*, email@example.com, Başar Öztayşioztaysib@itu.edu.tr, Sezi Çevik Onarsezicevik@yahoo.comIndustrial Engineering Department, Istanbul Technical University, Macka, Istanbul, 34367, Turkey*Corresponding author: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Corresponding Author
- Cengiz Kahramankahramanc@itu.edu.tr
- https://doi.org/10.1080/18756891.2016.1180817How to use a DOI?
- Fuzzy Set Theory, Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets, Hesitant Fuzzy Sets, Type N Fuzzy Sets, Multi Fuzzy Sets, Nonstationary fuzzy sets
Fuzzy sets have a great progress in every scientific research area. It found many application areas in both theoretical and practical studies from engineering area to arts and humanities, from computer science to health sciences, and from life sciences to physical sciences. In this paper, a comprehensive literature review on the fuzzy set theory is realized. In the recent years, ordinary fuzzy sets have been extended to new types and these extensions have been used in many areas such as energy, medicine, material, economics and pharmacology sciences. This literature review also analyzes the chronological development of these extensions. In the last section of the paper, we present our interpretations on the future of fuzzy sets.
- © 2016. the authors. Co-published by Atlantis Press and Taylor & Francis
- Open Access
- This is an open access article under the CC BY-NC license (http://creativecommons.org/licences/by-nc/4.0/).
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Cengiz Kahraman AU - Basar Öztaysi AU - Sezi Cevik Onar PY - 2017 DA - 2017/01 TI - A Comprehensive Literature Review of 50 Years of Fuzzy Set Theory JO - International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems SP - 3 EP - 24 VL - 9 IS - sup1 SN - 1875-6883 UR - https://doi.org/10.1080/18756891.2016.1180817 DO - https://doi.org/10.1080/18756891.2016.1180817 ID - Kahraman2017 ER -