Case-Based Decision Support System for Breast Cancer Management
- Booma Devi Sekar1, email@example.com, Jean-Baptiste Lamy2, firstname.lastname@example.org, Nekane Larburu3, 4, email@example.com, Brigitte Séroussi2, 5, firstname.lastname@example.org, Gilles Guézennec2, email@example.com, Jacques Bouaud2, 6, firstname.lastname@example.org, Naiara Muro2, 3, 4, email@example.com, Hui Wang1, firstname.lastname@example.org, Jun Liu1, email@example.comSchool of Computing, Ulster University, Northern Ireland, UK2Sorbonne Universités, UPMC, Univ Paris 06, INSERM, Université Paris 13, Sorbonne Paris Cité, UMR S 1142, LIMICS Paris, France3eHealth and Biomedical Applications, Vicomtech-IK4, Donostia-San Sebastian, Spain4Biodonostia, Donostia-San Sebastián, Spain5AP-HP, Hôpital Tenon, Départemente de Santé Publique, Paris, France6AP-HP, DRCI, Paris, France
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2018.25905180How to use a DOI?
- knowledge intensive case-based reasoning, breast cancer, ontology, case-based decision support system, jColibri
Breast cancer is identified as the most common type of cancer in women worldwide with 1.6 million women around the world diagnosed every year. This prompts many active areas of research in identifying better ways to prevent, detect, and treat breast cancer. DESIREE is a European Union funded project, which aims at developing a web-based software ecosystem for the multidisciplinary management of primary breast cancer. The development of an intelligent clinical decision support system offering various modalities of decision support is one of the key objectives of the project. This paper explores case-based reasoning as a problem solving paradigm and discusses the use of an explicit domain knowledge ontology in the development of a knowledge-intensive case-based decision support system for breast cancer management.
- © 2018, the Authors. Published by Atlantis Press.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article under the CC BY-NC license (http://creativecommons.org/licences/by-nc/4.0/).
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Booma Devi Sekar AU - Jean-Baptiste Lamy AU - Nekane Larburu AU - Brigitte Séroussi AU - Gilles Guézennec AU - Jacques Bouaud AU - Naiara Muro AU - Hui Wang AU - Jun Liu PY - 2018 DA - 2018/11 TI - Case-Based Decision Support System for Breast Cancer Management JO - International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems SP - 28 EP - 38 VL - 12 IS - 1 SN - 1875-6883 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2018.25905180 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2018.25905180 ID - Sekar2018 ER -