Utilizing Type-2 Fuzzy Sets as an Alternative Approach for Valuing Military Information
- Timothy P Hanratty1, *, Robert J Hammell21Computational and Information Science Directorate, CCDC Army Research Laboratory, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, USA2Department of Computer & Information Sciences, Towson University, Towson, MD, USA*Corresponding author. Email: email@example.com
- Corresponding Author
- Timothy P Hanratty
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.k.190710.004How to use a DOI?
- Type-2 fuzzy sets, knowledge engineering, value of information, decision support
Knowledge elicitation from a group versus a single source typically yields outcomes that range in agreement and promote a level of uncertainty. Recently, the use of Type-2 fuzzy sets has been proffered as an alternative approach for capturing the difference of opinions expressed by a group of experts during the knowledge elicitation process. This paper examines the preliminary results associated with the transition of an existing Type-1 fuzzy set decision support system to a more flexible Interval Type-2 fuzzy approach.
- © 2019 The Authors. Published by Atlantis Press SARL.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC 4.0 license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/).
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Timothy P Hanratty AU - Robert J Hammell PY - 2019 DA - 2019/07 TI - Utilizing Type-2 Fuzzy Sets as an Alternative Approach for Valuing Military Information JO - International Journal of Networked and Distributed Computing SP - 133 EP - 139 VL - 7 IS - 3 SN - 2211-7946 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.k.190710.004 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.k.190710.004 ID - Hanratty2019 ER -