Volume 2, Issue 3, August 2014, Pages 156 - 165
Efficient Security and Privacy Protection for Emerging Smart RFID Communications
- Mohammad Fal Sadikin, Marcel Kyas
- Corresponding Author
- Mohammad Fal Sadikin
Available Online 1 August 2014.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2014.2.3.5How to use a DOI?
- Smart RFID Security; Privacy Preserving; Mutual Authentication
- Due to its constrained nature, the use of smart RFID technology introduces tremendous security and privacy issues. This paper presents IMAKA-Tate: Identity protection, Mutual Authentication and Key Agreement using Tate pairing of Identity-based Encryption method. It is designed to tackle various challenges in the constrained nature of RFID applications by applying a light-weight cryptographic method with advanced-level 128 bit security protection. Thus, IMAKA-Tate protects the RFID system from various security and privacy threats (e.g. unauthorized tracking, cloning attack, etc.).
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Mohammad Fal Sadikin AU - Marcel Kyas PY - 2014 DA - 2014/08 TI - Efficient Security and Privacy Protection for Emerging Smart RFID Communications JO - International Journal of Networked and Distributed Computing SP - 156 EP - 165 VL - 2 IS - 3 SN - 2211-7946 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2014.2.3.5 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2014.2.3.5 ID - FalSadikin2014 ER -