Volume 2, Issue 3, August 2014, Pages 166 - 174
One-D-R-A-G-SOM and its Application to a Hand Shape Instruction Learning System
- Takashi Kuremoto, Takuhiro Otani, Shingo Mabu, Masanao Obayashi, Kunikazu Kobayashi
- Corresponding Author
- Takashi Kuremoto
Available Online 15 October 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2014.2.3.6How to use a DOI?
- SOM, PL-G-SOM, HMI, reinforcement learning, hand shape instruction
- In this paper, a novel self-organizing map (SOM) named “One-D-R-A-G-SOM” is proposed. It is a kind of one dimensional ring type growing SOM using asymmetric neighborhood function. As the topology of one dimensional ring type feature map is more suitable to increase or decrease the number of units, and the disorder of the map is available to be solved by the asymmetric neighborhood function, the proposed model gives priority of learning performance to the conventional two dimensional growing SOM. Additionally, One-D-R-A-G-SOM is introduced to a hand shape recognition and instruction learning system. Experiment results showed the effectiveness of the novel system comparing with systems using the conventional SOMs.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Takashi Kuremoto AU - Takuhiro Otani AU - Shingo Mabu AU - Masanao Obayashi AU - Kunikazu Kobayashi PY - 2017 DA - 2017/10 TI - One-D-R-A-G-SOM and its Application to a Hand Shape Instruction Learning System JO - International Journal of Networked and Distributed Computing SP - 166 EP - 174 VL - 2 IS - 3 SN - 2211-7946 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2014.2.3.6 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2014.2.3.6 ID - Kuremoto2017 ER -