Volume 12, Issue 4, December 2013, Pages 419 - 427
Bayesian Estimation in Some Power Series Distributions
- Anwar Hassan, Peer Bilal Ahmad, Anwar H. Joarder
- Corresponding Author
- Anwar Hassan
Available Online 1 December 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2013.12.4.8How to use a DOI?
- Generalized power series distribution, squared error loss function, weighted squared error loss function, likelihood function, minimum variance unbiased estimation, Bayesian estimation
- In this paper, we study the Bayesian estimation of functions of parameters of some power series distributions. These estimators are better than the classical minimum variance unbiased estimators (MVUE) as given by Patil and Joshi (1970), in the sense that these increase the range of the estimation and also have simpler forms.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Anwar Hassan AU - Peer Bilal Ahmad AU - Anwar H. Joarder PY - 2013 DA - 2013/12 TI - Bayesian Estimation in Some Power Series Distributions JO - Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications SP - 419 EP - 427 VL - 12 IS - 4 SN - 2214-1766 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2013.12.4.8 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2013.12.4.8 ID - Hassan2013 ER -