Volume 13, Issue 3, September 2014, Pages 196 - 204
Estimation under a finite mixture of modified Weibull distributions based on censored data via EM algorithm with application
- Saieed F. Ateya, Amirah S. Alharthi
- Corresponding Author
- Saieed F. Ateya
Available Online 30 September 2014.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2014.13.3.1How to use a DOI?
- Modified Weibull Distribution, Maximum likelihood estimation, EM algorithm, Finite mixture models, Weibull distribution, type-I censoring , type-II censoring, Kolmogorov-Smirnov (K-S) test statistic
- In this paper, the maximum likelihood estimates (MLE's) of the parameters of a finite mixture of modified Weibull (MW (alpha, beta, gamma)) distributions are obtained based on type-I and type-II censored samples using the EM algorithm. A simulation study is carried out to study the behavior of the mean squared errors. A real data set is introduced and analyzed using a mixture of two MW distributions and also using a mixture of two Weibull (alpha, beta)distributions. A comparison is carried out between the mentioned mixtures based on the corresponding Kolmogorov-Smirnov (K-S) test statistic to emphasize that the MW mixture model fits the data better than the other mixture model.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Saieed F. Ateya AU - Amirah S. Alharthi PY - 2014 DA - 2014/09 TI - Estimation under a finite mixture of modified Weibull distributions based on censored data via EM algorithm with application JO - Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications SP - 196 EP - 204 VL - 13 IS - 3 SN - 2214-1766 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2014.13.3.1 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2014.13.3.1 ID - Ateya2014 ER -