The Kumaraswamy Marshall-Olkin Log-Logistic Distribution with Application
- Selen Cakmakyapanselencakmakyapan@hacettepe.edu.trDepartment of Statistics, Hacettepe University, Ankara, TurkeyGamze Ozelgamzeozl@hacettepe.edu.trDepartment of Statistics, Hacettepe University, Ankara, TurkeyYehia Mousa Hussein El Gebalyyehia1958@hotmail.comDepartment of Statistics, Mathematics and Insurance, Benha University, EgyptG. G. Hamedanigholamhoss.email@example.comDepartment of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science, Marquette University, USA
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2018.17.1.5How to use a DOI?
- Kumaraswamy-G, Maximum likelihood, Log-Logistic, Order statistic
In this paper, we define and study a new lifetime model called the Kumaraswamy Marshall-Olkin log-logistic distribution. The new model has the advantage of being capable of modeling various shapes of aging and failure criteria. The new model contains some well-known distributions as special cases such as the Marshall-Olkin log-logistic, log-logistic, lomax, Pareto type II and Burr XII distributions. Some of its mathematical properties including explicit expressions for the quantile and generating functions, ordinary moments, skewness, kurtosis are derived. The maximum likelihood estimators of the unknown parameters are obtained. The importance and flexibility of the new model is proved empirically using a real data set.
- Copyright © 2018, the Authors. Published by Atlantis Press.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article under the CC BY-NC license (http://creativecommons.org/licences/by-nc/4.0/).
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Selen Cakmakyapan AU - Gamze Ozel AU - Yehia Mousa Hussein El Gebaly AU - G. G. Hamedani PY - 2018 DA - 2018/03 TI - The Kumaraswamy Marshall-Olkin Log-Logistic Distribution with Application JO - Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications SP - 59 EP - 76 VL - 17 IS - 1 SN - 2214-1766 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2018.17.1.5 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2018.17.1.5 ID - Cakmakyapan2018 ER -