Volume 12, Issue 1, May 2013, Pages 106 - 119
New classes at Specific Age: Properties and Testing hypotheses
- M.A.W. Mahmoud, M.E. Moshref, A.M. Gadallah, A.I. Shawky
- Corresponding Author
- M.A.W. Mahmoud
Available Online 1 May 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2013.12.1.9How to use a DOI?
- Convolution, Mixture, U-statistic, Hypothesis test, Homogeneous Poisson shock model.
- In this article we introduce new classes of life distributions namely new better (worse) than used in expectation at specific age t0 NBUE-t0 (NWUE-t0) and harmonic new better (worse) than used in expectation at specific age t0 HNBUE-t0 (HNWUE-t0). The closure properties under various reliability operations such as convolution, mixture, mixing and the homogeneous Poisson shock model of these classes are studied. Furthermore, nonparametric tests are proposed to test exponentiality versus the NBUE-t0 and HNBUE-t0 classes. The critical values and the powers of this tests are calculated to assess the performance of the tests. It is shown that the proposed tests have high efficiencies for some commonly used distributions in reliability. Sets of real data are used as examples to elucidate the use of the proposed tests for practical problems.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - M.A.W. Mahmoud AU - M.E. Moshref AU - A.M. Gadallah AU - A.I. Shawky PY - 2013 DA - 2013/05 TI - New classes at Specific Age: Properties and Testing hypotheses JO - Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications SP - 106 EP - 119 VL - 12 IS - 1 SN - 2214-1766 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2013.12.1.9 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2013.12.1.9 ID - Mahmoud2013 ER -