Volume 12, Issue 3, September 2013, Pages 225 - 244
The Zografos-Balakrishnan Log-Logistic Distribution: Properties and Applications
- Manoel Wallace A. Ramos, Gauss M. Cordeiro, Pedro Rafael D. Marinho, Cicero Rafael B. Dias, G.G. Hamedani
- Corresponding Author
- Manoel Wallace A. Ramos
Available Online 1 September 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2013.12.3.2How to use a DOI?
- Estimation; Generating function; Log-logistic distribution; Mean deviation; Moment; Zografos- Balakrishnan log-logistic distribution
- The log-logistic distribution (also known as the Fisk distribution in economics) is widely used in survival analysis when the failure rate function presents a unimodal shape. In this paper, we introduce the Zografos- Balakrishnan log-logistic distribution, which contains the log-logistic distribution as a special model and has the four common shapes of the hazard hate function. We present some properties of the new distribution and estimate the model parameters by maximum likelihood. An application to a real data set shows that the new distribution can provide a better fit than other classical lifetime models such as the exponentiated Weibull distribution.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Manoel Wallace A. Ramos AU - Gauss M. Cordeiro AU - Pedro Rafael D. Marinho AU - Cicero Rafael B. Dias AU - G.G. Hamedani PY - 2013 DA - 2013/09 TI - The Zografos-Balakrishnan Log-Logistic Distribution: Properties and Applications JO - Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications SP - 225 EP - 244 VL - 12 IS - 3 SN - 2214-1766 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2013.12.3.2 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2013.12.3.2 ID - WallaceA.Ramos2013 ER -