Volume 12, Issue 3, September 2013, Pages 245 - 252
Parameters Estimation in a General Failure Rate Semi-Markov Reliability Model
- M. Fathizadeh, K. Khorshidian
- Corresponding Author
- M. Fathizadeh
Available Online 1 September 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2013.12.3.3How to use a DOI?
- Bayesian estimation, Cold standby systems, Maximum likelihood, Semi-Markov process
- A semi-Markov process with four states, has been applied for modeling two dissimilar unit cold standby systems. At the moment that operating unit fails, the standby unit is switched to operate by using a switching device that is available with unknown probability alpha1. It is also assumed that the failure rate of unit i has the general form hi(t)= alpha2i + alpha2i+1 tbeta1-1, i=1,2, where alpha2...alpha5 are non-negative unknown parameters. In favor of semi-Markov structure of the system, maximum likelihood and the Bayes estimators of the unknown parameters alpha = (alpha1, alpha2...alpha5)are obtained while betai are non-negative known constants. Furthermore, the estimators are obtained for systems with similar units. Finally, to compare the results a simulation study is done.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - M. Fathizadeh AU - K. Khorshidian PY - 2013 DA - 2013/09 TI - Parameters Estimation in a General Failure Rate Semi-Markov Reliability Model JO - Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications SP - 245 EP - 252 VL - 12 IS - 3 SN - 2214-1766 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2013.12.3.3 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2013.12.3.3 ID - Fathizadeh2013 ER -