Macro-texture perception through active and dynamic touch
- Wenjing Chen, Nan Li, Liangzong He, Lantao Huang, Tao Zeng
- Corresponding Author
- Wenjing Chen
Available Online November 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aest-16.2016.8How to use a DOI?
- macro texture perception; curvature perception; active; dynamic touch.
- The tactile mechanism of texture perception is getting well figured out, resulting in the emergence of texture rendering devices. It is worth noting that the textures in these studies have interior space gap in the millimeter level and below. This kind of textures is called "fine texture". In contrast, the "Macro texture" has space gap in centimeters and above, and it is considered as the special texture with tiny texture pattern covered on curved surface. Compared with fine texture, macro texture contains richer surface information, including both roughness and curvature. This paper aims to study the mechanism of macro texture perception, and establish active and dynamic touch-based haptic perception models.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Wenjing Chen AU - Nan Li AU - Liangzong He AU - Lantao Huang AU - Tao Zeng PY - 2016/11 DA - 2016/11 TI - Macro-texture perception through active and dynamic touch BT - 2016 International Conference on Advanced Electronic Science and Technology (AEST 2016) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aest-16.2016.8 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aest-16.2016.8 ID - Chen2016/11 ER -