Finite element checking of flange connection in integral hoisting of flare stack
- Xuanyu Sheng, Hongzhi Zhang, You Bao, Chen Ling
- Corresponding Author
- Xuanyu Sheng
Available Online November 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aest-16.2016.50How to use a DOI?
- flange connection; flare stack; integral hoisting; CATIA finite-element-analysis; strengthen.
- Segmentation hoisting is generally used for flare stack with flange connection structure. This paper presents a technical innovation of integral hoisting of flare stack with flange connection structure. In the paper, CATIA finite-element-analysis is used to build 100% model of flare stack and to simulate working condition in both horizontal and vertical limit states during integral hoisting of flare stack. Strength and stability of flare stack during hoisting is checked and calculated, dangerous points are found, measures of strengthening weak structure are proposed and references are provided for hoisting procedure design and formulation of hoisting plan.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xuanyu Sheng AU - Hongzhi Zhang AU - You Bao AU - Chen Ling PY - 2016/11 DA - 2016/11 TI - Finite element checking of flange connection in integral hoisting of flare stack BT - 2016 International Conference on Advanced Electronic Science and Technology (AEST 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aest-16.2016.50 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aest-16.2016.50 ID - Sheng2016/11 ER -