The Utilization of ResearchGate for State Polytechnic Malang Lecturers
- 10.2991/aebmr.k.210717.009How to use a DOI?
- academic culture, ResearchGate, research, utilization
Since research is one of the Three Pillars of Higher Education, lecturers should publish their research findings to public. A free site that facilitates academic publication is ResearchGate (RG). Objective of this study was to describe utilization of ResearchGate among lecturers of State Polytechnic of Malang. This study was a descriptive quantitative study where survey was employed as research method. The research instrument was questionnaire. Out of 580 questionnaires distributed, 72 were returned. The finding showed that 69% of the lecturers had RG account while the remaining 31% did not. The lecturers used RG to access current information on their respective field, increase publication, citation and readership as well as communicate and have discussion with other researchers. The result suggests that RG can be used to improve academic culture and quality in State Polytechnic of Malang.
- © 2021, the Authors. Published by Atlantis Press.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/).
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Hiqma Nur Agustina AU - Nugrahaningtyas Fatma Anyassari AU - Maya Rizky Fauzia PY - 2021 DA - 2021/07/19 TI - The Utilization of ResearchGate for State Polytechnic Malang Lecturers BT - Proceedings of 2nd Annual Management, Business and Economic Conference (AMBEC 2020) PB - Atlantis Press SP - 41 EP - 45 SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aebmr.k.210717.009 DO - 10.2991/aebmr.k.210717.009 ID - Agustina2021 ER -