Growth behavior of IMCs layer between Sn-3.0Ag-0.5Cu solder and Cu substrate during aging
- Min Qu, Tianze Cao, Yan Cui, Fengbin Liu, Zhiwei Jiao
- Corresponding Author
- Min Qu
Available Online May 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/amcce-18.2018.53How to use a DOI?
- Intermetallic compounds, Sn-3.0Ag-0.5Cu solder, Aging, Thickness
- Growth behavior of intermetallic compounds (IMCs) layer between Sn-3.0Ag-0.5Cu solder and Cu substrate were studied during aging at 150 ?"? for 1 day, 3 days, 6 days, 8 days and 10 days, respectively. Results shows that the IMCs layer is scallop shape at aging stage, and the aspect ratio of scallop shape decreases with time increasing. Moreover, the IMCs layer grows thicker with extended aging time. Furthermore, the IMCs layer grows linearly with square root of aging time, and the growth kinetic equation of Sn-3.0Ag-0.5Cu/Cu solder joints is obtained by linear fit, which is X = 1.94 +1.95t1/2. Finally, the diffusion coefficient D is verified as 3.8025μm2/d.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Min Qu AU - Tianze Cao AU - Yan Cui AU - Fengbin Liu AU - Zhiwei Jiao PY - 2018/05 DA - 2018/05 TI - Growth behavior of IMCs layer between Sn-3.0Ag-0.5Cu solder and Cu substrate during aging BT - 2018 3rd International Conference on Automation, Mechanical Control and Computational Engineering (AMCCE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/amcce-18.2018.53 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/amcce-18.2018.53 ID - Qu2018/05 ER -