Direct Shear Test Analysis of Coarse-grained Soil in Nyang River Valley Based on Dynamic Shear Area
- Ruijie Lin, Zhixiang Cao, Xinwei Song, Suhua Zhao, Xiandong Han
- Corresponding Author
- Ruijie Lin
Available Online May 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/amcce-18.2018.103How to use a DOI?
- Nyang River Valley, coarse-grained soil, direct shear test, dynamic shear area, shear stress correction
- The shear strength of coarse-grained soil is usually measured through a large-scale direct shear test. However, the dynamic change of the shear surface during the test has an effect on the calculation of the shear strength of coarse-grained soil. This paper put forward the formula for the dynamic shear area, determined the dynamic shear area of the DHJ50-2 type superimposed ring shear test machine with the formula and carried out error analysis. In this paper, the shear strength tests of four kinds of homogeneous coarse-grained soils with different particle sizes in Nyang River Valley were carried out, and the shear strength was corrected with the dynamic shear area. The results showed that, for the DHJ50-2 type superimposed ring shear test machine, there was 15.10% error between the shear area with maximum shear displacement and the unchanged one; both the peak shear stress and internal friction angle of four kinds of coarse-grained soil were higher after correction while the cohesiveness of most coarse-grained soil decreased; and after correction, the peak shear stress of most samples was backward with the shear displacement.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ruijie Lin AU - Zhixiang Cao AU - Xinwei Song AU - Suhua Zhao AU - Xiandong Han PY - 2018/05 DA - 2018/05 TI - Direct Shear Test Analysis of Coarse-grained Soil in Nyang River Valley Based on Dynamic Shear Area BT - 2018 3rd International Conference on Automation, Mechanical Control and Computational Engineering (AMCCE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/amcce-18.2018.103 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/amcce-18.2018.103 ID - Lin2018/05 ER -