Multi-factors Optimization Design of Pin-Fin Structure Using Respond Surface Method
- Xiang Wang, Min Chen, Derrick Tate
- Corresponding Author
- Xiang Wang
Available Online May 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/amcce-18.2018.127How to use a DOI?
- Response surface method, pin-fin, optimization, pressure loss, thermal resistance
- This study aims to find out the optimized solution for coupled effects of parameters. Different turbulence models were studied and RSM (Response Surface Methodology) was the most appropriate one to deal with optimization of target and investigate interaction of different parameters. In design height and diameter of cylindrical pin-fin was adopted as control parameters, according to numerical simulation the thermal resistance and pressure loss of pin-fin heat sink indicated improving tendency with increasing the both parameters. Sensitivity analysis was conducted to investigate the correlation of two geometrical parameters to response target. Less head loss and better cooling efficiency were achieved from an optimized structure.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xiang Wang AU - Min Chen AU - Derrick Tate PY - 2018/05 DA - 2018/05 TI - Multi-factors Optimization Design of Pin-Fin Structure Using Respond Surface Method BT - 2018 3rd International Conference on Automation, Mechanical Control and Computational Engineering (AMCCE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/amcce-18.2018.127 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/amcce-18.2018.127 ID - Wang2018/05 ER -