Study on Corrosion Behavior of Copper-Clad Steel for Grounding Grids
- Xinhua Zhang, Zhongkang Zhou, Xiaochun Chen, Jishuang Song, Maolin Shi
- Corresponding Author
- Xinhua Zhang
Available Online June 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.4How to use a DOI?
- Study, Corrosion Behavior, Copper-Clad Steel.
- Grounding grid is an important device guaranteeing the operation of the people, electrical equipments and power grid. However, the corrosion of grounding grid affects the security of the power grid system, what's worse, it makes huge economic losses and serious social impact. We found from the research that the copper-clad steel for grounding grids has any advantages to better economic gain and good corrosion resistance at the same time. In this paper, using electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS), polarization curve measurement, scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and so on, the corrosion behavior of copper-clad steel for grounding grids in the coastal soil have been researched. The results indicated that an increase of the soil salinity decrease the corrosion resistance of copper-clad steel, and the latter stage is less than the mid-term stage. The resistance increase and then tend to be stable with the increase of immersion time. The corrosion resistance of copper-clad steel in the non-salinized and light salinized soil is better.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xinhua Zhang AU - Zhongkang Zhou AU - Xiaochun Chen AU - Jishuang Song AU - Maolin Shi PY - 2017/06 DA - 2017/06 TI - Study on Corrosion Behavior of Copper-Clad Steel for Grounding Grids BT - Advances in Materials, Machinery, Electrical Engineering (AMMEE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.4 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.4 ID - Zhang2017/06 ER -