Effect of High Pressure Torsion on corrosion behavior of High Entropy Alloy in alkaline solution
- Zhiwei Song, Yonghao Zhao, Guanzhong Wu, Xuzhou Gao
- Corresponding Author
- Zhiwei Song
Available Online June 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.16How to use a DOI?
- High entropy alloy, high pressure torsion, corrosion behavior, passivation.
- The high pressure torsion (HPT) process was used to process the FeNiCoMoV high-entropy alloy. The open-circuit potential test, the potentiostatic polarization curve test and the electrochemical impedance spectroscopy were used to study the effect of corrosion behavior of FeNiCoMoV High Entropy Alloy in 1M NaOH Solution. The results show that the grain refinement of FeNiCoMoV alloy is significant after 6 cycles of high pressure torsion, the phase structure has not changed and the electrochemical impedance of HPT has a significant increase in 1M NaOH solution. The potential is 11.97% higher than the initial state, the corrosion current density is 93.77% lower than the initial state, and the corrosion resistance is improved obviously.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zhiwei Song AU - Yonghao Zhao AU - Guanzhong Wu AU - Xuzhou Gao PY - 2017/06 DA - 2017/06 TI - Effect of High Pressure Torsion on corrosion behavior of High Entropy Alloy in alkaline solution BT - Advances in Materials, Machinery, Electrical Engineering (AMMEE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.16 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.16 ID - Song2017/06 ER -