Walking Efficiency and Crossing Obstacle Ability of Variable Eccentric Wheel-legged Robot
- Jie Huang, Yujun Wang, Can Fang, Min Yi, Guiping Lan
- Corresponding Author
- Jie Huang
Available Online June 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.58How to use a DOI?
- mobile robot, variable eccentricity, double eccentric circle, walking efficiency, obstacle performance.
- Concerning that traditional mobile robot suffers the low walking efficiency or poor climbing ability, a new model of Variable Eccentric Wheel-legged Robot is proposed in this paper. The modeling and analysis of the kinematics and kinetics prove that the idea is feasible. The Variable Eccentric Wheel-legged Robot can not only effectively walk on a flat ground, but also own better climbing ability on a non-flat surface, comprising the obstacle of continuous steps. Firstly, the structure of the Variable Eccentric Wheels with double eccentric circle is introduced briefly and its maximum height of surmountable obstacle is given at the same time. Then, we analyze the property of the robot from two aspects: walking efficiency and crossing obstacle ability. By using the six ways of action and three states of the robot, the walking efficiency of robot is analyzed, and by adopting the Static Stability Margin Method and Center of Gravity Projection Method, the crossing obstacle ability is analyzed, especially, the ability to climb the stairs in the four eccentric wheels state. And the biggest height limit of slope, which the robot can climb is given. Finally, a series of experiments we did and the analysis of the results prove that the Variable Eccentric Wheel-legged Robot can switch respectively from eccentric to center, and back again, so it can adapt to any terrain keeping high efficiency and making full use of the wheel and eccentric design.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jie Huang AU - Yujun Wang AU - Can Fang AU - Min Yi AU - Guiping Lan PY - 2017/06 DA - 2017/06 TI - Walking Efficiency and Crossing Obstacle Ability of Variable Eccentric Wheel-legged Robot BT - Advances in Materials, Machinery, Electrical Engineering (AMMEE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.58 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.58 ID - Huang2017/06 ER -