Transmission of UAV videos based On HEVC
- Zhiyuan Li, Chao Wang, Xiaoduo Zhang
- Corresponding Author
- Zhiyuan Li
Available Online June 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.61How to use a DOI?
- UAV, transmission of videos, region-of-interest, HEVC.
- To meet the requirement of high-quality transmission of videos captured by unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) with low bandwidth, a novel rate control (RC) scheme based on region-of-interest (ROI) is proposed. First, the ROI information is sent to the encoder with the latest high efficient video coding (HEVC) standard to generate an ROI map. Then, by using the ROI map, bit allocation methods are developed at frame level and large coding unit (LCU) level, to avoid inaccurate bit allocation produced by camera movement. At last, by using a better robustness R- model, the quantization parameter (QP) for each LCU is calculated. The experimental results show that the proposed RC method can get a lower bit rate error and a higher quality for reconstructed video by choosing appropriate pixel weight on the HEVC platform
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zhiyuan Li AU - Chao Wang AU - Xiaoduo Zhang PY - 2017/06 DA - 2017/06 TI - Transmission of UAV videos based On HEVC BT - Advances in Materials, Machinery, Electrical Engineering (AMMEE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.61 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.61 ID - Li2017/06 ER -