Study of Molybdenum Trioxide as a P-Type Dopant in Organic Semiconductors: The Influence of Density of Gap States on Their N-/P- Type Characteristics
- Jingqiu Zhang, Shainan Zhu, Lintai Shang, Jinpeng Yang
- Corresponding Author
- Jingqiu Zhang
Available Online June 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.119How to use a DOI?
- organic semiconductors, molecular doping, density of gap states, conductivity, MoO3.
- we studied the mechanism of original n- and p-type "intrinsic" organic films 8-Hydroxyquinoline aluminum (Alq3) and N, N'-bis-1-naphthyl-N, N'-diphenyl-1, 1'-biphenyl-4, 4'-diamine (NPB) via using molybdenum trioxide (MoO3) as a p-type dopant. It is found that the conductivities extracted from "holes-only" devices both for Alq3 and NPB films are improved as a function of doping molar ratio (MR) of MoO3. However, the differences of change of conductivities in NPB films and Alq3 films after doping can be found, where (1) a rapid increase of conductivity in Alq3 with slope S>1 is shown in the entire MR range; (2) in NPB films, the conductivity changes with a slope of S>1 can be found in the low doping region (MR<~0.04) and a slope of ~1 can be found with MR>~0.04. According to these observation, we proposed that different distributions of occupied and unoccupied DOGS in energy gap of organic films is the origin of "intrinsic" n-/p- type organic films, and therefore can be passivated differently via MoO3. These findings suggest the effective way for improving free carriers concentrations by reducing DOGS in organic films.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jingqiu Zhang AU - Shainan Zhu AU - Lintai Shang AU - Jinpeng Yang PY - 2017/06 DA - 2017/06 TI - Study of Molybdenum Trioxide as a P-Type Dopant in Organic Semiconductors: The Influence of Density of Gap States on Their N-/P- Type Characteristics BT - Advances in Materials, Machinery, Electrical Engineering (AMMEE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.119 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ammee-17.2017.119 ID - Zhang2017/06 ER -