The improvement of adhesion between epoxy coating and metal matrix through plasma treatment
- Z. Zhai, L.J. Feng, Q. Hou, A.L. Lei
- Corresponding Author
- Z. Zhai
Available Online December 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/anit-17.2018.12How to use a DOI?
- ow-temperature plasma, epoxy coatings, Q235 steels, adhesion strength
- In this work, the surface of Q235 steels was treated by air plasma to improve the adhesion between epoxy coatings and Q235 steels. The epoxy coatings were prepared through the electrostatic spraying. The disbonding test was used to characterized the adhesion strength of epoxy coatings. Meanwhile, the chemical and physical properties of Q235 steels matrix surface before and after treatment were investigated using XPS, AFM and FTIR. The results showed that both the surface roughness and surface free energy of Q235 steels have an obvious increase after the air plasma treatment. In addition, some polar groups were introduced on the surface of matrix. The adhesion strength of epoxy coatings was enhanced from 1.67ñ0.48MPa to 4.25ñ0.58MPa.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Z. Zhai AU - L.J. Feng AU - Q. Hou AU - A.L. Lei PY - 2017/12 DA - 2017/12 TI - The improvement of adhesion between epoxy coating and metal matrix through plasma treatment BT - 2017 International Seminar on Artificial Intelligence, Networking and Information Technology (ANIT 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/anit-17.2018.12 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/anit-17.2018.12 ID - Zhai2017/12 ER -