Reduction of Corona Discharge Using TiO2 Coating Treatment for High Voltage Transmission Line
- L J. Feng, H N. Ma, W. N. Shen, G. C. Wang, A L. Lei, B. Deng, H T. Wei
- Corresponding Author
- L J. Feng
Available Online December 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/anit-17.2018.14How to use a DOI?
- corona discharge, transmission line, TiO2 coating, electric field intensity, wetting property
- TiO2 ceramic coating was prepared by plasma spray process. The roughness and contact angle of coated surface were measured. The droplet morphology was analyzed and the corona discharge occurred on the transmission conductor surface under high voltage (HV) electric field was observed by ultraviolet camera. The results showed that by means of spraying TiO2 coating onto the conductor surface, the reduce in resultant of gravity and electric field force exerting downwards the droplet affixed to the conductor surface led to larger radius of curvature at the tips of water drops. A coarse coating was realized because the surface roughness of the conductor increased from 0.12 m to 5.89 m while the contact angle decreased from 52ø to 21.5ø. The conductor without coating showed sparks at 50kV while merely sparked occasionally at 80kV for with coating. The wet conductor with coating made considerably less and weaker sparks than the dry conductor without coating.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - L J. Feng AU - H N. Ma AU - W. N. Shen AU - G. C. Wang AU - A L. Lei AU - B. Deng AU - H T. Wei PY - 2017/12 DA - 2017/12 TI - Reduction of Corona Discharge Using TiO2 Coating Treatment for High Voltage Transmission Line BT - 2017 International Seminar on Artificial Intelligence, Networking and Information Technology (ANIT 2017) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/anit-17.2018.14 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/anit-17.2018.14 ID - Feng2017/12 ER -