Digital Game-Based Learning in Arabic Language Learning and its effects on Students’ Academic Performance
- Annas Azizt, Subiyanto Subiyanto
- Corresponding Author
- Annas Azizt
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.13How to use a DOI?
- Digital Game-Based Learning, Game development, Arabic learning, Junior High School, Academic performance
- Arabic, since 1971, has been an official language of the United Nations alongside English, French, Spanish, Russian, and Chinese. Students’ motivation and achievement in Arabic learning as second language learning is decreasing with age. This paper presents the effectiveness of Digital Game-Based Learning as media towards students’ academic performance in Arabic learning. DGBL was designed by ADDIE model. Quasi experimental Design was used as the method for the implementation phase. The method was focused on the students’ reading skill in Arabic learning. The object of this study was 72 students of the first grade of junior high school. They were divided into two groups of 36. Group A (the experimental group) was treated with DGBL method and Group B (the control group) treated with Non-DGBL method. The method of collecting data used pretest and posttest. The results of the two groups indicate that Group A performed significantly higher in the posttest than Group B because the result of t table is smaller than the result of t-Test value (1,67 < 3,244). The results suggest that digital game-based learning can be used in education as a tool to increase student’s academic performance in Arabic learning for high school students.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Annas Azizt AU - Subiyanto Subiyanto PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - Digital Game-Based Learning in Arabic Language Learning and its effects on Students’ Academic Performance BT - International Conference on Indonesian Technical Vocational Education and Association (APTEKINDO 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.13 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.13 ID - Azizt2018/07 ER -