Applying The Problem-Solving Method to Improve Student Learning Achievement in the Concrete Construction 1 Course
- Suparno Suparno, Bambang Supriyanto, Sudomo Sudomo
- Corresponding Author
- Suparno Suparno
Available Online July 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.52How to use a DOI?
- problem solving, learning achievement, instructional process, Concrete Construction
- This classroom action research aimed to improve the quality of student achievement and instructional process in the Concrete Construction 1 course by implementing the problem-solving method. This study was done through four steps namely planning, implementing, observing, and reflecting. The research participants were thirty Civil Engineering students at Universitas Negeri Malang who were taking the Concrete Construction 1 course. Two lecturers from the study programme of Building Construction Education were involved in this study, one of whom was a lecturer of Concrete Construction 1. The findings of this research indicated that the implementation of the problem-solving method in the Concrete Construction 1 course could (a) significantly improve the student learning achievement and (b) vastly increase the quality of instructional process.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Suparno Suparno AU - Bambang Supriyanto AU - Sudomo Sudomo PY - 2018/07 DA - 2018/07 TI - Applying The Problem-Solving Method to Improve Student Learning Achievement in the Concrete Construction 1 Course BT - International Conference on Indonesian Technical Vocational Education and Association (APTEKINDO 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.52 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/aptekindo-18.2018.52 ID - Suparno2018/07 ER -