Review on Knowledge and Knowledge Management from the Islamic Ethical Perspective
- Nurul Izzah, Liu Yao, Noor Azlinna
- Corresponding Author
- Nurul Izzah
Available Online December 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/asshm-13.2013.40How to use a DOI?
- Knowledge; Knowledge management; Islamic; Competitiveness
- Knowledge movement has been increasingly regarded as a vital indicator of competitiveness. This paper aims to explore the origin of knowledge movement from the perspective of Islamic ethics. It overviews the concepts of knowledge and knowledge management and comprehends its implications. The main method is by interpreting the relevant citation from holy Qur’an. It highlights the Islamic conception of knowledge through understanding its nature in the reality of knowledge society. With regards to the Islamic conception of knowledge, the Qur’an invites human beings to read both the natural phenomena and the divine text (revelation). Generally speaking, knowledge management and classification are very much influenced by the way society conceptualizes and realizes knowledge. Eventually, knowledge management and classification guide man to the ways of knowledge utilization. Therefore, any success achieved by a person is an output of his/her knowledge understanding and knowledge growth within himself. In this status, human beings might be influenced by a certain situations, limitations and constrains internally or externally that lead him to persuade either body knowledge or the functional usage of knowledge in making his own individual success in a form of user-centric based values. In this way, this paper is expected to extend the understanding of knowledge and provide a guide for Muslims to better manage knowledge with Islamic ethics.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Nurul Izzah AU - Liu Yao AU - Noor Azlinna PY - 2013/12 DA - 2013/12 TI - Review on Knowledge and Knowledge Management from the Islamic Ethical Perspective BT - 2013 International Conference on Advances in Social Science, Humanities, and Management (ASSHM-13) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/asshm-13.2013.40 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/asshm-13.2013.40 ID - Izzah2013/12 ER -