Application of Differentiated Instruction in FEM Course for Graduate Students
- Rong Hong Cui, Yu Ting He
- Corresponding Author
- Rong Hong Cui
Available Online December 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/asshm-13.2013.44How to use a DOI?
- Differentiated instruction, FEM course, graduate students teaching
- Finite element method (FEM) course is a very important specialized elementary course for many graduated students of different majors and it has been a chal-lenge for teachers to find teaching strate-gies that cater for such a variety of stu-dents. A paradigm that is gaining ground in many educational circles is differenti-ated instruction, which maximizes learn-ing by considering students’ differences. This paper describes differentiated in-struction, discusses the reasons for apply-ing it in FEM course, and suggests how to apply it. The results confirm that it is fea-sible and beneficial for teachers to apply differentiated instruction in courses for students of different majors.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Rong Hong Cui AU - Yu Ting He PY - 2013/12 DA - 2013/12 TI - Application of Differentiated Instruction in FEM Course for Graduate Students BT - 2013 International Conference on Advances in Social Science, Humanities, and Management (ASSHM-13) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/asshm-13.2013.44 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/asshm-13.2013.44 ID - Cui2013/12 ER -