Elastic Standard Academic Credit System and Practice
- Lu Wang, Hong Zhang, Rupeng Lin, Jun Hu
- Corresponding Author
- Lu Wang
Available Online December 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/asshm-13.2013.102How to use a DOI?
- Standard Credit System, Elastic Credit System, Complete Electives System, Systemized and Modularized Curriculum System
- In the context of the internationalization of education, the implementation of the credit system has become the consensus of the higher education sector. At present, various types of credit systems including the Complete Academic Credit System, the Annual Credit System and the Grade Point Average System, etc. are widely implemented in mainland’s universities. In this paper, the unique Elastic Standard Academic Credit System is introduced. Within the system, the standard credit value is based on the learning require-ments of different disciplines and the cognition capability of the student group, allowing elasticity in the quantitative val-uation in the individual learning capabil-ity variation with scientific manner. The system has been implemented in Jinan University for seven years and generated positive effect. It successfully keeps a good balance between The Complete Credit System and Annual Credit System, which meets the practical needs of Chi-na’s national condition and has im-portance significance for the implementation of academic credit system in China’s higher education.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Lu Wang AU - Hong Zhang AU - Rupeng Lin AU - Jun Hu PY - 2013/12 DA - 2013/12 TI - Elastic Standard Academic Credit System and Practice BT - 2013 International Conference on Advances in Social Science, Humanities, and Management (ASSHM-13) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/asshm-13.2013.102 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/asshm-13.2013.102 ID - Wang2013/12 ER -