Assisting people with disabilities in actively performing walking activities by controlling the preferred environmental stimulation with an air mouse
- Ching-Hsiang Shih, Chia-Jui Chang, Yung-Chi Huang, I-Ying Liu
- Corresponding Author
- Ching-Hsiang Shih
Available Online December 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/asshm-13.2013.191How to use a DOI?
- disabilities, air mouse, walking actively
- The wireless gyration air mouse is a hand-held commercial computer mouse device that embedded MEMS (Micro Electro Mechanical Systems) gyro sensor, which can measure the rotation, angle and speed of the wrist or elbow. The purpose of this study was to explore whether ap-plying a gyration air mouse combined with preferred environmental stimulation would engage two people with disabilities who are obese and lack of exercises in walking actively.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ching-Hsiang Shih AU - Chia-Jui Chang AU - Yung-Chi Huang AU - I-Ying Liu PY - 2013/12 DA - 2013/12 TI - Assisting people with disabilities in actively performing walking activities by controlling the preferred environmental stimulation with an air mouse BT - 2013 International Conference on Advances in Social Science, Humanities, and Management (ASSHM-13) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/asshm-13.2013.191 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/asshm-13.2013.191 ID - Shih2013/12 ER -