The Influence of Population Aging on the Urban Residents’ Consumption and Economic Growth in Beijing??"??"the Empirical Study Based on VAR Model
- Huishang Li, Zhen Cao, Chunhong Qu, Yajuan Cui, Meiling Wang
- Corresponding Author
- Huishang Li
Available Online May 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/asssd-18.2018.18How to use a DOI?
- Aging of population, household consumption, economic growth, correlation analysis
- Taking Beijing city as an example, the relationship between aging of population, the consumption and the GDP in large city were studied based on the VAR model in the article. The results showed that there are closely relationship between the ratio of elderly dependency and consumption and economic growth. The population aging has a positive impact on household consumption increased with aging slightly, but there was a weak negative effect on economic growth. In view of the influence of population aging, the suggestions such as improving the social security system, developing new pension industry and promoting the optimization and upgrading of the dietary structure were put forward to realize the population, economic and social aspects developing synergistically.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Huishang Li AU - Zhen Cao AU - Chunhong Qu AU - Yajuan Cui AU - Meiling Wang PY - 2018/05 DA - 2018/05 TI - The Influence of Population Aging on the Urban Residents’ Consumption and Economic Growth in Beijing??"??"the Empirical Study Based on VAR Model BT - 2018 International Conference on Advances in Social Sciences and Sustainable Development (ASSSD 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/asssd-18.2018.18 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/asssd-18.2018.18 ID - Li2018/05 ER -