Subcostal Transversus Abdominis Plane Block for Postoperative Analgesia
- Kai Li, Ruizhu Liu, Lu Chen, Guoqing Zhao, Rangjuan Cao
- Corresponding Author
- Kai Li
Available Online July 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.42How to use a DOI?
- Transversus abdominis plane, Nerve block, Gastric cancer, Postoperative analgesia
- To evaluate the effect of subcostal transversus abdominis plane (TAP) block on postoperative analgesia and short-term prognosis. Forty patients were divided into T and N groups. Ultrasound-guided bilateral subcostal TAP block was performed by injection of ropivacaine or normal saline using patient-controlled intravenous analgesia pump. Postoperative hypoalgesia plane was T6-T10 in T group. Postoperative time to press PCIA pump time was (175.85±8.99) min and (64.10±27.37) min in N group. Sufentanil consumption at postoperative 0-12 h and 12-24 h and total sufentanil consumption were significantly lower than N group. Patients had significantly higher degree of satisfaction than N group. Off-bed time was (30.28±2.01) h and (39.55±2.56) h and the first flatus time was (48.95±3.83) h and (64.40±4.58) h in N group. It can offer 6 h analgesia time, enhance analgesic effect within postoperative 24 h, decrease the dosage of opiod drugs and promote intestinal tract function and mobility of recovery.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Kai Li AU - Ruizhu Liu AU - Lu Chen AU - Guoqing Zhao AU - Rangjuan Cao PY - 2016/07 DA - 2016/07 TI - Subcostal Transversus Abdominis Plane Block for Postoperative Analgesia BT - International Conference on Biomedical and Biological Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.42 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.42 ID - Li2016/07 ER -