Analyze the Animal Model of Pruritus Based on Clinical Symptoms of Chinese and Western Medicine
- Ya-juan WEN, Ming BAI, Ming-san MIAO
- Corresponding Author
- Ya-juan WEN
Available Online May 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.24How to use a DOI?
- Pruritus, Clinical features, Animal model.
- Objective: Based on the characteristics of clinical symptoms of pruritus, analyze the relevant animal model, and then propose the evaluation and improvement. Method: According to the clinical diagnostic criteria of pruritus in Chinese and Western medicine, summarize the characteristics and modeling methods of the current pruritus mode, and analyze the coincidence between the existing animal models and clinical features of pruritus. Result: At present, the animal model of mice, guinea pig itch is almost used, which reflects the pathophysiological characteristics of clinical pruritus. However, it is lack of disease model which can reflect the clinical characteristics of TCM. Conclusion: It is the focus of the future research to establish a better combination of symptoms and signs and the index system of pruritus model. Pruritus is a kind of disease of self-conscious itching and clinical primary lesions, only scratches, blood scab or hypertrophy of leather change, which belongs to the category of Chinese medicine "itching wind".The symptoms of Pruritus relates to invasion of the skin such as wind, wet, heat, turbid evil,when there are also due to blood deficiency caused by dry wind. Clinically, it can be divided into systemic pruritus and localized pruritus. It's Common symptom is severe itching, which can be seen in the whole body or confined to the anus, scrotum or genitals. It's paroxysmal and itchs sharply, which is often aggravated at night and affects sleeping. Scratch scratches, blood stasis appear if you scratch excessively.It appears eczema, lichen and pigmentation over time, which can be seen in a variety of skin diseases, biliary diseases, thyroid disease, kidney disease, cancer and AIDS and other common diseases. Pruritus has high incidence rate. Through the report which investigates 1236 cases of elderly subjects, we can find it's 827 cases which suffers from skin itching cured accounting for 67%.Pruritus often affects the quality of life of patients, which leads to severe insomnia and then fatigue, fatigue, depression and even suicide. Modern research on pruritus has become the focus of medical research.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ya-juan WEN AU - Ming BAI AU - Ming-san MIAO PY - 2017/05 DA - 2017/05 TI - Analyze the Animal Model of Pruritus Based on Clinical Symptoms of Chinese and Western Medicine BT - 2nd International Conference on Biomedical and Biological Engineering 2017 (BBE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.24 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.24 ID - WEN2017/05 ER -