Isolation and Identification of a New Clostridium Butyricum XYB11 Strain Producing 1, 3-Propandiol from Soil
- Yan-bo XUE, Miao-miao YANG, Jun-hua YUN, Tinashe Archbold MAGOCHA, Yi-lin QI, Lin-sen YANG, Ming-ming GUO, Fan Zou, Xiang-hui QI
- Corresponding Author
- Yan-bo XUE
Available Online May 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.29How to use a DOI?
- Isolation, Identification, Clostridium butyricum, 1,3-propanediol.
- 1, 3-propanediol (1,3-PD) is an important chemical material, which is wildly used in many fields. Clostridium butyricumis key strain which can transform glycerol into 1,3-PD. In this study, a new strain producing 1,3-PD was isolated from soil. On the basis of morphology, biochemical-physiological characteristics, this strain was preliminarily identified as C. butyricum. Then, the molecular method was used in the further identification. The 16S rDNA sequence analysis showed that this strain performed 99 % homology with C. butyricum. So this strain was identified as C. butyricum finally, and named as C. butyricum XYB11. This strain will give more choice for the strains usage in the biosynthesis of 1,3-PD.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yan-bo XUE AU - Miao-miao YANG AU - Jun-hua YUN AU - Tinashe Archbold MAGOCHA AU - Yi-lin QI AU - Lin-sen YANG AU - Ming-ming GUO AU - Fan Zou AU - Xiang-hui QI PY - 2017/05 DA - 2017/05 TI - Isolation and Identification of a New Clostridium Butyricum XYB11 Strain Producing 1, 3-Propandiol from Soil BT - 2nd International Conference on Biomedical and Biological Engineering 2017 (BBE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.29 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.29 ID - XUE2017/05 ER -