Antimicrobial Activities of Polyphenol Extract of Peanut Skins
- Wen-xu XIA, Ping ZHAO, Jia-bin WANG, Zhan-juan LI, Nanju Alice LEE
- Corresponding Author
- Wen-xu XIA
Available Online May 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.35How to use a DOI?
- Peanut Testa, Polyphenol Extracts, Antimicrobial Activity, Minimum Inhibitory Concentration, Equivalent Against Benzylpenicillin Sodium.
- In this study, the cardinal and purple peanut testa were used as the raw materials for extracting polyphenol substances with ultrasonic and freeze-drying. Then the bacteriostasis and antifungal activities of the extracts were investigated by the methods of disc diffussion and equivalent against the Benzylpenicillin Sodium to certain bacteria. The results showed that, at the same concentration, bacteriostatic activity of the crude extract of cardinal peanut testa was stronger than that of purple peanuts. The inhibitory concentrations of crude extracts were up to 0.5 g/L for cardinal peanut testa, 1 g/L for purple peanut testa and equivalents against the Benzylpenicillin Sodium were 6000 U and 6400 U, respectively.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Wen-xu XIA AU - Ping ZHAO AU - Jia-bin WANG AU - Zhan-juan LI AU - Nanju Alice LEE PY - 2017/05 DA - 2017/05 TI - Antimicrobial Activities of Polyphenol Extract of Peanut Skins BT - 2nd International Conference on Biomedical and Biological Engineering 2017 (BBE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.35 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.35 ID - XIA2017/05 ER -