Aqueous Two-Phase System Combined with Ultrasound for the Extraction Of Polysaccharide from Hawthorn (Crataeguspinnatifida) Leaves
- Ri-li HAO, Juan-juan MA, Kun LI, Chuan-he ZHU, Xiao-cun ZHANG
- Corresponding Author
- Ri-li HAO
Available Online May 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.37How to use a DOI?
- Hawthorn Leaves, Polysaccharide, Aqueous Two-Phase System, Ultrasound, Response Surfacemethodology.
- Aqueous two-phase system (ATPS) combined with ultrasonic technology was employed to extract polysaccharide from hawthorn leaves in this study. The partition behaviors in different ATPS were investigated first, polyethylene glycol (PEG) 11.5% and (NH4)2SO4 14% were selected as the optimum solvent for extracting polysaccharide. Using the optimum ATPS solvent, the ratio of material to solvent, The time, temperature and power of the ultrasonic treatment were investigated using a single factor experiment and Box-Behnken Design (BBD) of response surface methodology (RSM) to obtain the optimum conditions for extracting polysaccharide. The optimum conditions were the ratio of material to solvent 1:34, ultrasonic time (UT) 35 min, ultrasonic power (UP) 300 w and ultrasonic temperature (UTE) 65 . With the optimal conditions, the maximum yield of polysaccharide was 3.05%. The present study provided a foundation for further purification of polysaccharide and offered a valuable alternative for extracting polysaccharide from plants.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ri-li HAO AU - Juan-juan MA AU - Kun LI AU - Chuan-he ZHU AU - Xiao-cun ZHANG PY - 2017/05 DA - 2017/05 TI - Aqueous Two-Phase System Combined with Ultrasound for the Extraction Of Polysaccharide from Hawthorn (Crataeguspinnatifida) Leaves BT - 2nd International Conference on Biomedical and Biological Engineering 2017 (BBE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.37 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.37 ID - HAO2017/05 ER -