Transurethral Plasma Cutting and Prostate Tear in Addition to the Treatment of Hyperplasia of Prostate the Clinical Efficacy of Comparison
- Fan-ping MENG, Di ZOU, Yan HE, Ji GAO
- Corresponding Author
- Fan-ping MENG
Available Online May 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.43How to use a DOI?
- Prostatic hyperplasia, Bipolar plasmakinetic, Resection of prostate, Enucleation of prostate.
- Objective To compare the efficacy and complications between bipolar plasmakinetic resection of prostate and bipolar plasmakineticenucleation of prostate for benign prostatic hyperplasia(BPH). Methods 303 cases of BPH were divided into 2 groups, 143 cases aged (73ñ13.4) yearswith prostate volume of (76.5ñ22.5)ml underwent PKRP; 160 cases aged (74ñ11.6) years with prostate volume of (74.3ñ26.5)ml underwent PKEP.The operative time,resected tissue weighed, blood loss, catheterization time, hospital stay and complications were compared between the 2groups.Results In 2 group, the postoperative RUV, IPSS, QOL and Qmax were significantly improved after both procedures(P<0.05), but there was no significant difference in the above parameters between the 2 groups(P>0.05).Blood loss, resected tissue weighed were significant differences betweenthe 2 groups(P<0.05). The operative time, contemporary incontinence and 3 monthes after operation urethral stricture were no significant differences between the 2 groups(P>0.05). Conclusion The 2 surgical procedures have significant efficacy in the treatment of BPH. But the blood loss andincidences of contemporary incontinence of PKER have more superiority than those of PKRP, so PKER deserves our application.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Fan-ping MENG AU - Di ZOU AU - Yan HE AU - Ji GAO PY - 2017/05 DA - 2017/05 TI - Transurethral Plasma Cutting and Prostate Tear in Addition to the Treatment of Hyperplasia of Prostate the Clinical Efficacy of Comparison BT - 2nd International Conference on Biomedical and Biological Engineering 2017 (BBE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.43 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.43 ID - MENG2017/05 ER -