Fed-Batch Fermentation of L- Threonine by Escherichia Coli Supplemented with B-Vitamins
- Yue-wen SU, Qun-qun GUO, Sen WANG, Xin ZHANG, Jian WANG
- Corresponding Author
- Yue-wen SU
Available Online May 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.47How to use a DOI?
- Escherichia coli, L-threonine, Fed-batch fermentation, B-vitamins.
- B-vitamins can be used as cofactors in the synthesis process of L-threonine. Concentration of the cofactor can effectively change the activity of specific enzymes and reallocate the distribution of carbon substances in the cells. Theeffects of B-vitamins, including calcium pantothenate (VB5), cobalamin (VB12), choline chloride (VB4) and nicotinamide (VB3), on L-threoninefermentation by fed-batch culture of Escherichiacoli JLTHRin a 5L fermentorwere investigated. The results showed that the production of L-threonine was increased to 133.4 g/L, which was increased by 7.8% when supplemented with 1 g/L VB4.The production of L-threonine was increased to 130.6 g/L, which was increased by 5.6%when supplemented with10mg/L VB3. At last, when a combination of 1g/L VB4 and 10mg/L VB3 was added to the glucose solutionwith1.5g/L betainehydrochloride, 138.4g/LL-threonine was accumulated, which was increased by 11.9%.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yue-wen SU AU - Qun-qun GUO AU - Sen WANG AU - Xin ZHANG AU - Jian WANG PY - 2017/05 DA - 2017/05 TI - Fed-Batch Fermentation of L- Threonine by Escherichia Coli Supplemented with B-Vitamins BT - 2nd International Conference on Biomedical and Biological Engineering 2017 (BBE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.47 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.47 ID - SU2017/05 ER -