Analysis of Cytoplasm Polymorphism on the TR2 Locus of Mitochondria Genome in Leaf Beet Line SK-5
- Qiao-hong LIU, Li-ping LIU, Cheng-fei LUO, Da-you CHENG, Cui-hong DAI, Shu-zhi SHI, Nai-guo LIANG, Tian-jiao LIU
- Corresponding Author
- Qiao-hong LIU
Available Online May 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.48How to use a DOI?
- Beta vulgaris, Leaf beet, Polymorphism, Plant mitochondria, Variable number of tandem repeat.
- One mitochondrial minisatellite locus was used to study cytoplasmic diversity in leaf beet lines SK-5 population from Chongqing, China. The analysis of one mitochondrial minisatellite locus (TR2) was conducted using variable number of tandem repeats (VNTRs) molecular markers method within 50 single plants of leaf beet line SK-5 material. Over the whole sample, TR2 show the polymorphic with two alleles. The variable numbers of tandem repeats on TR2 locus is 3 and 6 respectively among the 50 plants examined. TR2 of a six-copy array of 33-bp sequence was first discovered in 2 single plants among the population. 1 plants can not bolting and 1 plant bolting late can not form normal seeds among the 2 plants which VNTRs copy number is 6. Only 1 plants among the 48 plants with three-copy in TR2 locus fails to bolting normally and others bolting normally and form seeds.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Qiao-hong LIU AU - Li-ping LIU AU - Cheng-fei LUO AU - Da-you CHENG AU - Cui-hong DAI AU - Shu-zhi SHI AU - Nai-guo LIANG AU - Tian-jiao LIU PY - 2017/05 DA - 2017/05 TI - Analysis of Cytoplasm Polymorphism on the TR2 Locus of Mitochondria Genome in Leaf Beet Line SK-5 BT - 2nd International Conference on Biomedical and Biological Engineering 2017 (BBE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.48 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.48 ID - LIU2017/05 ER -