The Histological Study of Orthodontic Force on the Periodontal Tissues Regenerated by Nano Bioceramics in Beagle Dogs
- Lan-lei WANG, He-ying HOU, Sheng-yan YU, Ai-zhong GUAN, Yun-mao LIAO
- Corresponding Author
- Lan-lei WANG
Available Online May 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.60How to use a DOI?
- Nano Biphasic Calcium Phosphate, Orthodontic Force, Tooth Movement.
- The aim of the experiment was to study the histological reaction of orthodontic force on the periodontal tissues regenerated by nano biphasic calcium phosphate (NBCP) bioceramics in beagle dogs. Two third incisors were randomly selected and operated as experimental group. The contralateral third incisors of the same jaw were done nothing as control. Alveolar bone defects were surgically created at the labial aspects of the third incisors in two beagle dogs. After root conditioning with ethylenediaminetetraacetate (EDTA), NBCP was filled in the defects. At 24 weeks after implantation the third incisors were moved labially with the adjacent canines for anchorage. Four weeks later dogs were killed. Specimens were processed and stained with hematoxylin and eosin (HE). The results revealed that there was no significant difference in the histological reaction induced by orthodontic tooth movement between the two groups.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Lan-lei WANG AU - He-ying HOU AU - Sheng-yan YU AU - Ai-zhong GUAN AU - Yun-mao LIAO PY - 2017/05 DA - 2017/05 TI - The Histological Study of Orthodontic Force on the Periodontal Tissues Regenerated by Nano Bioceramics in Beagle Dogs BT - 2nd International Conference on Biomedical and Biological Engineering 2017 (BBE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.60 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.60 ID - WANG2017/05 ER -