Development of a FES System for Hemiplegic Rehabilitation Based on Patient Healthy Limb's EMG Signal
- Zhan ZENG, Chang-jun LI, Chun-bao WANG, Quan-quan LIU, Li-hong DUAN, Tong-yang SUN, Qing SHI, Zhuo-hua LIN, Ya-jing SHEN, Wan-feng SHANG, Zheng-zhi WU
- Corresponding Author
- Zhan ZENG
Available Online May 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.63How to use a DOI?
- FES, EMG, NRF24L01, Contralateral Control.
- Thisÿpaperÿpresents a functional electrical stimulation system to mimic the EMG characterization of patient healthy limb to exercise his/her affected limb. Firstly, the existing problems of functional electrical stimulation system are analyzed. Generally, the existing electrical stimulation systems suffer from fixed waveform, large volume and low portability, which make the effect of treatment difficult to improve. Secondly, the hardware platform of the proposed system is constructed, such as EMG acquisition module, FES module, to realize the acquisition of EMG signal and the generation of electrical stimulation pulse. The characterization of the healthy limb is extracted, and then it is used to exercise the affected limb via FES stimulus. Finally, the wireless communication is build, to realize the wireless communication between modules. The system has the advantage of small volume and high portable. The system can effectively collect EMG signals and generate FES pulses.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zhan ZENG AU - Chang-jun LI AU - Chun-bao WANG AU - Quan-quan LIU AU - Li-hong DUAN AU - Tong-yang SUN AU - Qing SHI AU - Zhuo-hua LIN AU - Ya-jing SHEN AU - Wan-feng SHANG AU - Zheng-zhi WU PY - 2017/05 DA - 2017/05 TI - Development of a FES System for Hemiplegic Rehabilitation Based on Patient Healthy Limb's EMG Signal BT - 2nd International Conference on Biomedical and Biological Engineering 2017 (BBE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.63 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.63 ID - ZENG2017/05 ER -