Use Text Mining and Complex Networks to Analyze TCM Syndromes
- Xing ZHAI, Ping WANG, You-liang HUANG
- Corresponding Author
- Xing ZHAI
Available Online May 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.78How to use a DOI?
- Text mining, Complex network, Traditional Chinese medicine.
- Objective: To make intrinsic biological distinctions between qi deficiency pattern and qi stagnation pattern with genes related to NEI. Methods: Establish a data dictionary of NEI-related genes and a keyword lexicon of qi deficiency pattern and qi stagnation pattern. Then retrieve relevant literature on Pubmed database. Obtain compositions of characteristic NEI-related genes of qi deficiency pattern and qi stagnation pattern by using text-mining methodto explore different bioactive materials between the two syndromes. Results: Two kinds of syndromes and their biological networks were constructed. The "qi deficiency" and "qi stagnation" genes based on NEI network were excavated. Conclusion: The genes of qi stagnation pattern relate closely with nerve and endocrine, while those of qi deficiency pattern have a close relationship with the immune system. The intrinsic biological characterizations of TCM patterns can be effectively identified at the level of NEI.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xing ZHAI AU - Ping WANG AU - You-liang HUANG PY - 2017/05 DA - 2017/05 TI - Use Text Mining and Complex Networks to Analyze TCM Syndromes BT - 2nd International Conference on Biomedical and Biological Engineering 2017 (BBE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.78 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.78 ID - ZHAI2017/05 ER -