Transurethral Flexible Ureteroscopic Holmium Laser Lithotripsy for Treatment of Kidney and Upper Ureteral Calculi
- Fan-Ping Meng, An-Na Wang, Ji Gao
- Corresponding Author
- Fan-Ping Meng
Available Online January 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bst-16.2016.5How to use a DOI?
- Kidney and upper ureteral calculi, Flexible ureteroscopic, Holmium laser.
- This paper aims at studying the efficacy and safety of flexible ureteroscopic holmium laser lithotripsy for treatment of kidney and upper ureteral calculi. Methods. The duration of operation, postoperative complication, postoperative calculus clearance rate of this surgery were analyzed based on 58 patients with kidney and upper ureteral calculi treated by holmium laser under the flexible ureteroscope as clinical data (Kidney or upper ureteral calculi was diagnosed by ultrasound, CT or IVP, etc.) by using retrospective analysis. Results. The successful inserting rate of single flexible ureteroscope is 93.1% (54/58), mean lithotripsy time is (56.1±4.8) min, and the total successful lithotripsy rate is 98.2% (57/58). Plain abdominal radiograph or CT was rechecked after one month, which indicated that the calculus clearance rate was 91.3% (53/58). All patients had no complications. Conclusion. The efficacy of holmium laser lithotripsy for treatment of kidney and upper ureteral calculi under the flexible ureteroscope was high. The operation was short and safe, with few complications and high success rate.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Fan-Ping Meng AU - An-Na Wang AU - Ji Gao PY - 2016/01 DA - 2016/01 TI - Transurethral Flexible Ureteroscopic Holmium Laser Lithotripsy for Treatment of Kidney and Upper Ureteral Calculi BT - The International Conference on Biological Sciences and Technology PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bst-16.2016.5 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bst-16.2016.5 ID - Meng2016/01 ER -